You are hereHome / Membership and Code of Practice
Membership and Code of Practice
Earlier this year, following our AGM, Care Farming UK members agreed to dissolve Care Farming UK and to merge with the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens, in order to create a brand-new organisation from 1st April 2018. We are now in a transition period before we launch the new organisation at our conference later this month. Although Care Farming UK no longer exists, all our current resources and support will continue and our Development Coordinators Debbie and Rachel will remain in their posts. (For more information see our 'Frequently Asked Questions' for members which are available here).
Annual membership of the new organisation will be free of charge. Your membership is vital to us, and is the greatest resource and greatest strength for the care/social farming movement is our membership, with its vast amount of experience, knowledge and skills. We need your help to ensure this learning is shared across the sector and disseminated further. Membership is a partnership and we hope you will be willing to work with us for the benefit of care farmers, commissioners, and the people they help.
Most of our new members told us that wanting to access the Code was the primary reason for joining us and so the annual fee for membership for care farms and prospective care farms has now been replaced by an annual fee of £60 to access the Code and to help towards covering the costs of the care farming Code of Practice process.
Annual care farming Code of Practice fee:
- £60 for care farms (with the care farming Code of Practice)
- £60 for care farms (without the Code of Practice)
- £60 for 'prospective' care farms - for those looking into providing care farming services in future or are in the early stages of doing so.
For care farmers and prospective care farmers who want to be part of the care farming Code, whether you are i) a care farm working towards the Code; ii) a prospective care farm wanting to use it as a template prior to opening for business; or iii) a care farm with the Code and wish to continue with your Code status; please follow the appropriate link above to pay online.
You will then be taken to our online billing facility (with options to pay by Payal, credit or debit card or BACS). Once you have paid, your Code access will be processed and you will be notified when it is approved.
If you would like to become a member but would rather not pay the fee or be part of the Code of Practice process, then that is fine, but until our new 'system' is up and running, please get in touch with Debbie or Rachel on email@example.com so they can help you with this.
Membership gives you a range of benefits (please note that these benefits are likely to change slightly when we officially become the ‘new’ organisation):
- Become part of the wider movement of care farming that benefit from the support, representation and promotion Care Farming UK provides. We work on your behalf to keep care farming on the political agenda, promoting good practice, improving networks and creating training and development opportunities
- Access the advice and support available to you from our small staff team and specialist volunteer advisors Receive our regular members’ Enewsletters to keep you informed of news, funding and information resources, and copies annual review
- Gain exclusive access to resources in the Members’ Area of our website (currently in development), including an information resource centre and free downloadable copies of our publications
- Go through the care farming Code of Practice process
- Use the available advertising and promotion for your events, job vacancies etc on our website and in our mailings at a significant discount
- Pay discounted rates for conferences, training and events
- Promote your care farm profile on the website, and periodically as ‘Care Farm Of The Month’*
- Receive support and resources for country/regional events or specialist support networks
- Access to Care Farming UK grants and bursaries, when available, for networking events or travel for learning experience to other care farms
- Access to our information resources to help you publicise and promote your project including exhibitions, digital presentations, photographs and videos
- Vote on Care Farming UK policies, and elect the Board of Directors.
New Member Benefit
Care Farming UK are pleased to announce a discounted insurance offer developed in partnership with Lycetts. If a quote is accepted, a discout of 5% will be offered to Care Farming UK members, rising to 15% for those care farms meeting our Code of Practice.
(To find out more about the insurance offer from Lycetts and to get a quote, please contact David Still direct on 0191 232 1151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)