Who we are and what we do
Who we are....
Care Farming UK is a registered charity - employing two part-time members of staff and run by a Board of Directors made up of care farmers and other experts in the field
More details about our Board and staff members (including their names, biographies and photos) can be found here
What we do.....
Care Farming UK has two main roles i) Promoting care farming; and ii) Supporting care farmers
We have four strategic aims:
Promoting care farming:
1. Profile - increasing the profile and awareness of care farming
2. Evidence - developing the evidence-base for the effectiveness of care farming
Supporting care farmers
3. Care Farming - supporting the quality and provision of services from care farms
4. Networks - enabling care farming networks to develop across the UK
Our mission: To provide a voice and supportive services for care farmers, to inspire decision makers and to develop policies and actions that will support care farming in the UK.
Our vision: To see thriving farms and landscapes providing social, educational, therapeutic and development opportunities.
For more information on how we came about and why we think care farming is fantastic, please take a look at this video on YouTube
- Regional care farm events - various dates